The Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOGL) Android KitKat Experience
The new CM11 M11 for the 2011 smartphone Galaxy S2 has been released in the market. The mobile software developers CyanogenMod team promises that this installation comes with solution against all bugs, enhanced performance, user friendly interface and easy access to apps. These include;
– Secure Element Evaluation Kit SEEK support is available through MSIM APIs and a base
– Volume control by two steps per click
– Screen Off option by double tap or long press
– Upstream update available
– Wi-Fi connectivity
– Glove mode sensitivity
– Updates from CyanogenMod available
– Numerous security updates
– Sounds powered off immediately while call is active
– Fixes general bugs
– Quick fix for strength on some devices
– Fixes bugs in recent view
– Navigation Bar fix
– Improved shutter button for camera
– APN updates available in certain geographical areas
– Availability of answer fragment
– Enhanced user friendly experience for users
There are also a number of prerequisites to be considered before the installation. Like:
– Installing custom ROM does promise enhanced performance but it makes the company warranty void and the company no longer can provide updates in the future.
– Device needs to be rooted before installing custom ROM
– The new CyanogenMod CM11 M11 Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware is exclusive for Samsung (OTC:SSNLF) Galaxy S2 G-I9100G model.
– Installation also requires memory clean up. Users can back up their data with the help of Clockwork Mod CWM recovery.
– USB drivers need to be updated on your PC otherwise it won’t recognize the device on computer.
– Phone needs to be fully charged before starting the installation process, otherwise there is a chance of the smartphone being bricked.
It is a good idea to get an Android gadget expert to perform installation. Here is a detailed installation guide for novice users:
- Download CyanogenMod Android v4.4.4 K custom firmware along with Google Apps on your PC
- Using a USB cord, connect the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G with your PC
- Paste the Android 4.4.4 KitKat zip file along with the Google apps on to your SD card root.
- Turn device off and disconnect from the PC
- Press Volume up, home and power buttons simultaneously to start Recover Mode
- Next the phone memory needs to be cleared through factory reset
- Cache memory also needs to be wiped by selecting wipe cache partition
- Next, go to ClockworkMod recovery and click advanced and wipe dalvik cache. This step is recommended to avoid errors and boot loops.
- Now return to the recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”
- Click zip from SD – then Android 4.4.4 ROM zip file on the SD care and start installation. Similar steps are required for Google app installations
- Once installation is completed go to ++++Go Back+++++ and restart device by rebooting system now, shown in the recover menu
After the booting process is completed, you can start enjoying your new Android KitKat 4.4.4 ROM.